[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brian <mono at ricerage dot org>
 To:  dlavecky at it dot uts dot edu dot au
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Authenticate incoming https connections on WAN interface against radius
 Date:  Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:44:55 -0400
dlavecky at it dot uts dot edu dot au wrote:
> Hi- thought I'd turn to the board for some help... I'm hoping to
> authenticate incoming connections on the WAN link before permitting access
> to a web server in the DMZ. There is a radius server in the LAN segment to
> check against but I don't know how to configure captive portal to achieve
> all this- I'm not having much success...
>
> Any guidance / assistance would be much appreciated
>
> Cheers
> Dave

Hi Dave,

This isn't something you would use the captive portal for. CP is for
authenticating outgoing users, not incoming from the WAN interface.

Instead you should be looking at solutions on the web server itself. If
you're using Apache, you may want to look into something along the lines
of mod_auth_radius and htaccess. Good luck.

 Brian