[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dawie Maartens" <dsmc dot wifi at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall PPTP and static IP's
 Date:  Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:27:54 +0200
Hi

Hope someone can assist, I am having trouble connecting to a static IP
within the same subnet, not managed by m0n0wall's DHCP range or static
assignments. When I VPN into the PPTP, I'am able to ping m0n0wall and all
DHCP clients and vice versa, but not any of my server that has been assigned
astatic ip address. The PPTP rule is Interface PPTP, source=PPTP clients,
destinantion=LAN, ports any, any.

LAN: 192.168.182.0 / 24
LAN IP of M0n0wall: 192.168.182.1
PPTP Server IP: 192.168.183.1
PPTP Client range: 192.168.183.96 /18

DHCP for LAN: 192.168.182.100-200

Static IP of servers: 192.168.182.2 -10 and 192.168.182.250-254

Please help, m0n0wall is a great product, I'am using the captive portal,
serving my wi-fi clients. Coming from chillispot, m0n0wall is a great
solution and very stable. Would just like to see some features like
freeraduis, pfsense has got those feature in their RC1 release but is not as
stable as m0n0wall, the traffic shaper does not work as well as m0n0wall,
captive portal URL issues.

I'am sticking to m0n0wall, its small, easy and it works, please help.