[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter van Eck <peter at vaneckonline dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Subnets + NAT issue
 Date:  Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:37:43 +0200
Hi,

I've got the following Internet gateway setup :

INTERNET

-----------

  \|/
                                                            WAN <pub ip
address>

ADSL Router
                                                   Gateway /LAN
<192.168.1.1> DHCP/ NAT

     \|/

M0n0wall
                                     |-----------
-------------|------------------------|
                                   LAN
WAN                             DMZ
                                  10.10.11.0
(192.168.1.x)                    10.10.12.0
                                                             gateway
:10.10.10.1

I  would like to get rid of the 2nd NAT done by M0n0wall. What would be
the best solution for that ?
I experimented with advanced outbound NAT but I couldn't get through to
the 192.168.1.1 Router.. Should I change the 10.x.x.x subnets to
192.168.x..x
subnets ?

Putting the ADSL router in bridged mode isn't an alternative as it has a
VoIP line on it .

thanks,

Peter