[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  tnelson at fudnet dot info
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Nokia Spoofed Mac Addresses
 Date:  Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:41:26 -0500 (CDT)
Once again, my IP330 is misbehaving. I booted up FreeSBIE and mounted my
monowall drive to edit the config.xml for the spoofed MAC addresses needed
on Nokia hardware. I saved the changes, put the drive back in the Nokia,
booted up and voila!!!... the MACs are still at FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF  I used
<spoofmac>01:23:45:67:89:0a</spoofmac> for an interface and something
similar for each of the other two. Why will the changes not 'stick'? I
added these entries under each section for the interfaces I needed to
spoof. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Do I need to specify capital
letters in the MAC?

--Tim