[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  SDamron <sdamron at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Chuck Mariotti" <cmariotti at xunity dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to track what's taking up the bandwidth?
 Date:  Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:21:45 -0500
WOW!!  I think I would change ISP's if I were in your shoes!  Take a
look at MRTG, Opennms, Cacti, etc.  Those are for the most part Linux
based things, PRTG is available on Windows, but is not free.  If you
are looking to trace traffic, you can use Sniffer Pro (or whateve they
call it now) or Ethereal, which is free, and runs on both windows, and
Linux/UNIX.

On 7/14/06, Chuck Mariotti <cmariotti at xunity dot com> wrote:
> So, I received my invoice today from my ISP... apparently, I'm capped at
> 15GB in/out... and last month I used 57GB, etc... Paying for over usage
> is costing me more than my connection.
>
> So, I need to desperately find out where the hell my bandwidth is
> going...
>
> How can I easily find out which machines on my network going through my
> Monowall is using up all the bandwidth?
>
> I'd prefer Windows apps if possible.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chuck

"Nothing on earth can overcome an absolutely non-resistant person."