[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Phillips <g7ltt at g7ltt dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0 on WRAP very slow
 Date:  Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:50:07 -0400
Hi Folks,

I had Verizon's FIOS installed yesterday. I am the first household to
have the new ActionTec router installed which has WiFi/4port
switch/firewall/cable TV.

Doing speed tests against Broadstar in Miami via DSLreports.com I get
something like 9800kbps down and 1800kbps up. Not bad considering I'm
quoted as 10mbps down and 2mbps up.

Here's the kicker. When I remove the ActionTec and install the
WRAP/m0n0wall in its place my speed tests drop down to 7000kbps down and
800kbps up. Wait a minute; I've lost over half my upload speed and
almost a third of my download.

Could it be that the WRAP board is not the best platform for routing?

For those of you wanting to try this I found that I had to clone the mac
address of the ActionTec onto my WRAP before it would work.

Thanks

Mark