[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jai Ketteridge" <jai at innaloo dot net>
 To:  "'YvesDM'" <ydmlog at gmail dot com>, "'m0n0wall'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] PC hardware specifications.
 Date:  Sat, 15 Jul 2006 23:06:28 +0800
I am doing a similar project for a client at the moment. However i am
building PCs from scratch so the "least" heavy-duty hardware i can buy new
is a S478 platform using a Celeron 1.7Ghz. I will only run 256MB ram and a
256MB Compact flash card with a CFtoIDE adaptor. I know its a bulk overkill
but having to supply brand new hardware is hard to do with low end equipment
these days. I am also going to run 4 intel 10/100 adaptors.

JK