[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jai Ketteridge" <jai at innaloo dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Best Practive for WLAN Clients Accessing VPN sites
 Date:  Sun, 16 Jul 2006 10:43:21 +0800
Gday Folks,

Im currently running 2 Monowalls and at each location I have 4 network cards
in each box. They are for LAN, WAN, WLAN and DMZ. My question is what is the
best practice for giving my WLAN clients access to the other side of the
VPN? So far I have experimented by creating another IPSec Tunnel between the
monowall boxes with the WLAN subnet in the setup and it appears to work
fine, however that would give inlimited access.

Should I infact be making the wireless clients connect to the local monowall
box via PPTP? Or PPTP to ther other monowall box?

If i have it connect to the local monowall box via PPTP I would need to
create rules for the PPTP VPN to LAN? What about to the other VPN subnet?

Cheers,
JK