[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to track what's taking up the bandwidth?
 Date:  Sun, 16 Jul 2006 00:02:19 -0500
From: "Chuck Mariotti" <cmariotti at xunity dot com>

> So, I received my invoice today from my ISP... apparently, I'm capped at
> 15GB in/out... and last month I used 57GB, etc... Paying for over usage
> is costing me more than my connection.

In the US, they can't do that without notice, and just voided any contract
you have.  Time to leave.  However, I can't believe everyone is overlooking
the obvious.  Turn on captive portal with a local user name for each
machine.  Set it for no timeout.  Get on each machine and "log on" to the
captive portal.  The CP status page will show you just what you need.

                        Lee