[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PC hardware specifications.
 Date:  Sun, 16 Jul 2006 00:10:50 -0500
From: "YvesDM" <ydmlog at gmail dot com>

> So far I've set up a PII 400MHz  system with 128MB ram and a 128MB CF
> card.
> It's doing fine and the memory use sits at only 19%, but there hasn't been
> much stress on that machine so far.
> Only a max. of 4 users now and no traffic shaping or so.

I have a few hotels using P2 450s with 128 meg, and realtec (crap) NICs.
All with captive portal, heavy use, and constant hacking.  Some VPN for us
to support the hotel.  No problems...  However, I recommend the Transcend
IDE CF units over the CF adapters.  With the adapters, some work and some
don't.  Same with CF cards.  However, I know of no people with problems with
the Transcend units.

Psudo Hard drive   32mb                 $18.60
http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/ItemDetail.asp?ItemID=TS32MDOM40V
Psudo Hard drive   16mb                 $13.10
http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/ItemDetail.asp?ItemID=TS16MDOM40V