[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "JC Woltz" <jwoltz at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP Options
 Date:  Sun, 16 Jul 2006 19:18:59 -0400
On 7/16/06, JC Woltz <jwoltz at gmail dot com> wrote:

> I too need some other dhcp options and would prefer to use the m0n0wall dhcp
> for all of my networks. I like Marc's idea abouit having the dropdown box of
> known options/numbers .

Some additional hidden options are available.  See the FAQ on hidden
config.xml options for info.  It's not extremely flexible though, and
doesn't support all options.

As for anything else, Manuel has stated in the past that m0n0wall
isn't intended to be a full scale DHCP server (it even loses its lease
database on reboot), and suggests using a real DHCP server for most
networks (you can use the DHCP relay on m0n0wall to forward requests).

-Chris