[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sean R. Cunningham" <seanc at logic2020 dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Can Monowall force traffic on certain ports to go to specific LAN IP addresses?
 Date:  Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:12:44 -0400
Thanks, that's just what I needed!

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Brown [mailto:knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org]
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 2:31 PM
To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
Subject: Re: [m0n0wall] Can Monowall force traffic on certain ports to
go to specific LAN IP addresses?

You certainly can.

When in m0n0wall, go to the 'Firewall' section, then 'NAT'.  Here you
can create new rules that specify that certain ports map to any internal

address that you like.  Just be sure to add a firewall rule to allow
this (it has an option at the bottom when creating a new rule to
auto-add a firewall rule).  Otherwise you will have a port map to where
you want it to, but the firewall will block it.

You can map any port to any IP on the LAN for example, if you had one
machine that did e-mail (port 25) and another that was a web server
(port 80), m0n0wall can map out across to different internal IP
addresses with ease.  If you are using m0n0wall for DHCP, it might be
helpful to reserve those internal IP address for those machines so that
your mapping will always match up if you reboot the machines, etc.

Thanks,
Michael