[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sean R. Cunningham" <seanc at logic2020 dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Does an IPSec tunnel automatically create firewall rules?
 Date:  Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:15:09 -0400
I have an IPSec tunnel working between two 1.22 Monowall sites.  I am
having some weird issues where some services work, and other's don't,
though.

It occurred to me this morning, after the explanation of how NAT works,
that Monowall may require that I explicitly create rules to allow
traffic between the two IPsec networks.

Is that the case, or is all traffic allowed to pass?  If rules do need
to be created, do I create the rules on the LAN or WAN tab?

Thanks,

Sean