[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christopher Iarocci <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  jan gestre <m0n0wall dot list at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PC hardware specifications.
 Date:  Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:05:05 -0400
I have 2 boxes running PII400MHZ with 128MB of Ram and a 128MB CF card.
One has 70 workstations, and 4 public servers running behind it with no
problems.  It also has 4 IPSEC VPNs to various offices.  I used Intel
Pro100 NICs.  I've never seen this particular router go over 10%
processor usage.  I have LOTs of firewall rules in place.  I think it
really depends on your throughput.  I only have a T1 on the WAN.  I do
have 2 subnets behind the m0n0wall.  1 directly connected to the WAN
port, and one behind another router with a static route going to it.

Chris