[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "jan gestre" <m0n0wall dot list at gmail dot com>
 To:  "tnelson at fudnet dot info" <tnelson at fudnet dot info>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] local dns issue
 Date:  Wed, 19 Jul 2006 05:25:27 +0800
On 7/19/06, tnelson at fudnet dot info <tnelson at fudnet dot info> wrote:

> Are you using the m0n0wall to forward DNS requests to the AD server? In an
> AD environment, the DNS provided on the domain controller must be used for
> most services to work properly.

yes, i used that setup before setting up AD, and since AD requires its own
dns to work properly i installed it too. the clients are now using the local
dns in AD to resolve instead of the dns forwarding offered by monowall, i
encountered some resolving issue regarding my https based webmail client
even though i already made mx, ptr records, i have no problems with regards
to other webservers we're hosting, i can see them just fine, but just like
what andrew said in his reply, AD dns service is a little flaky, my configs
are now working even though i didn't do any more tweaking. i guess it's just
that my AD is behaving strangely.