[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Barnhart <joebarnhart at yahoo dot com>
 To:  me at blaue0 dot net, Holger Bauer <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] static dhcp leases aren't registered in DNS
 Date:  Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:34:12 -0700 (PDT)
--- Christian G�del <me at blaue0 dot net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 23:25 +0200, Holger Bauer wrote:
> > Don't know if this is by design but as they are static you can add
> static mapping to the dns forwarder to fix this.
>
> I thought of this, but it's not really a "smart" solution. I'd rather
> prefer to have the static leases registered in the forwarder, but so
> far
> this seems not to be possible.

I agree this seems redundant.  I don't know why the static assignments
are not reflected in the onboard DHCP server, but I would like to see
that enhancement too.  I wish I knew more about FreeBSD development as
it seems that would be a relatively simple enhancement to contribute.

http://mail.yahoo.com