[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] static dhcp leases aren't registered in DNS
 Date:  Tue, 18 Jul 2006 23:11:25 -0400
On 7/18/06, Joe Barnhart <joebarnhart at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> I agree this seems redundant.  I don't know why the static assignments
> are not reflected in the onboard DHCP server, but I would like to see
> that enhancement too.  I wish I knew more about FreeBSD development as
> it seems that would be a relatively simple enhancement to contribute.

Not sure how simple it may or may not be, but it's not really FreeBSD
related, at least not FreeBSD specific.  The DHCP server is ISC DHCPD
and the DNS server is dnsmasq.  It's probably a configuration
parameter in one or the other or both, which may not be difficult at
all to implement.  I don't know that anybody has ever looked into it.

-Chris