[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jonathan Karras <jkarras at karras dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] static dhcp leases aren't registered in DNS
 Date:  Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:33:43 -0600
DNSMasq supports reading in the computers host file to provide DNS. I
did this on another setup a long time ago it worked great. So the web
config could be modified to add said static entries to the host file.

The documentation says that DNSMasq will reread the hosts file on
SIGHUP. It also gives a configuration option to specify an alternate
hosts file.

DNSMasq info.
http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/doc.html

Out of curiosity why was ISC DHCP used instead of DNSMasq's built in
DHCP server?

Jonathan