[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot DeGraeve at imelda dot be>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Wed, 19 Jul 2006 00:57:44 -0500
NOTE:  The following is involving two status.php pages sent directly to
Jonathan as attachments.  (In case you feel like you are missing something
here...)

From: "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot DeGraeve at imelda dot be>

> Am I correct to understand it like quinta status.htm is after and quinta
> status2.htm is before?

I think quinta when the status.php I pulled when they called with the
problem, and quinta2 was right after a reboot.  Check the dates to be
sure...  It usually takes between 10 days, and a month for the lock to
develop.

> So before having authentication issues (quinta status.htm?) the popups
> never appear?

On a fresh power on, everything works normal.  I am not sure how the problem
develops as I am not aware until we get calls.  At that point, a new client
will get an IP via DHCP fine.  However, an http request will just time out.
Clients already authenticated (Like the business center PC, often enough)
will never time out, even with the idle timeout set.  They, and systems with
"allowed IP addresses" will work fine.

> Can you give me a more detailed explanation of the situation? Could you
> also try to install 1.23b1 on this 'problematic' systems? The locking is
> rewritten in 1.23b1 to avoid problems which happened to appear with
> browsers like mozilla (firefox).

How stable is it?  This problem only occurs in heavily used production
systems.  If you wish, I can give you access to the to locations that have
done this the most.

                            Lee