[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Wed, 19 Jul 2006 01:02:47 -0500
From: "Jai Ketteridge" <jai at innaloo dot net>

> What sort of hardware are you guys running?

> Im currently using CDrom and a Floppy Disk on my Home m0n0 - but my plan
> is
> to use a CF card on my enterprise solution. I guess its the nature of
> come across this problem?

All versions run totally from memory.  They olny access the disk to save
configs or upgrade firmware.

And yes, finicky memory will hose you fast.  Get the UBCD
http://ubcd.sourceforge.net/ and run all the memory tests, as well as CPU
tests.  I am amazed how often this solves those "unsolvable" problems.

                            Lee