[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 4 nics
 Date:  Wed, 19 Jul 2006 01:18:35 -0500
From: "Phil" <xphilz at gmail dot com>

> I have been using a WRAP for my m0n0 for ages and been quite happy.

> I am now needing 4 nics and wondering what pple can suggest aside of
> building a PC with the 4 nics in it.

> Ideally I would like to keep the power consumption low, so I am curious as
> to the different hardware people have adopted successfully with m0n0 that
> has 4 or even more nics in it.

I have built a few of these.  Very quiet.

Tiny 2 port system 197.07
Tiny 3 port system 226.08 (Dual LAN NIC)
Tiny 5 port system 287.07 (Quad LAN NIC)

All system prices without memory.  (Changes too fast)

Very small (appliance like) Case    $67.99
http://www.directron.com/2699r.html

Single ethernet 800mhz board        $108.00
http://www.directron.com/epia800.html

Cheap D-Link NIC                        $4.99
http://www.directron.com/dfe530tx.html
Very nice Intel Duel port NIC        $34.00
http://www.cmishop.com/store/ShowDetails.asp?txtProductName=nic/pila8472-bk&txtMfgPartNo=&nCategorySubID=125&txtSiteTrack=pw
4 Port ethernet with Rhine Chip    $81-95
http://www.wisp-router.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_33&products_id=267 or
http://www.mikrotik.com/interfaces.php#linx0part0

Psudo Hard drive   32mb                 $18.60
http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/ItemDetail.asp?ItemID=TS32MDOM40V
Psudo Hard drive   16mb                 $13.10
http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/ItemDetail.asp?ItemID=TS16MDOM40V