[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christoph Hanle <christoph dot hanle at leinpfad dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:39:45 +0200
Hi to all,
I am following this thread all the time.
i had also some freeze on my m0n0s.
1. one freeze was well defined, a cisco catalyst 29xx at opt2 was
broken, after changing the switch everything was ok.
2. at home i had sometimes a freezing of my m0n0, but i can't rebuild
this fault. I am running at home a m0n0 with 4 NICs . two nets are
"normal" (WAN and family), two nets are crazy (My PC with sometimes 5 VM
and a lablan with siometimes all kinds of possible servers, routers,
firewalls etc.). My lans have a Level-one FSW-1641TX switch (11W,
without FAN,VLAN).
The crashes of the m0n0 always have been generated by a misconfiguration
of the DHCP-Server, and / or the VLANs and / or the virtual machines.
So i think i have generated my  freezes on Layer 1 or 2.
This maybe an idea for some other freezes.

bye
Christoph