[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Roberto Greiner <mrgreiner at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  https Captive Portal
 Date:  Thu, 20 Jul 2006 17:20:10 -0300
I'm trying to activate https on captive portal, but something is
escaping me.

I've created a certificate for the server (say server.monowall) on
another machine (CA.somewhereelse).
I inserted the certificates at the captive portal page and enabled https
login.

The problem is that when I try to a login from the LAN network, I get a
"The connection was refused when attempting to contact
server.monowall:8001". The whole setup works for https disabled. The
name is solving properly.

Did I miss something, or was it supposed to host the https login page in
another server?

Thank you in advance,

Roberto

|                     Marcos Roberto Greiner                        |
|         Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos       |
|         Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade          |
|                                                     Murphy        |
|                         rgreiner at usp dot br                           |