[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "JC Woltz" <jwoltz at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP Options
 Date:  Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:38:04 -0400
DHCP Hidden options:
dhcpd/(if)/gateway
dhcpd/(if)/domain
dhcpd/(if)/dnsserver
dhcpd/(if)/next-server
dhcpd/(if)/filename

I am using the next-server and filename options already, but I have a few
devices that need tftp-server-name. I think Marc has a really good idea of
being able to add needed items to dhcp by option number. This way a change
does not need to happen to m0n0wall everytime someone needs a different dhcp
option/feature.

I really like m0n0wall. It is very well thought out and laid out.  I do not
want to use dhcp on another machine because I would have to setup dns on
another machine.

For the fact thet  m0n0wall does not keep the dhcpd.leases file across
reboots, that is an easy fix. Something like /etc/rc.dyndns.storecache could
be done. Also adding a checkbox  to turn on that feature if someone wanted.
But I don;t want that. I would like to be able to add other dhcp options
easily, and not just the handful that the developers pick. I would like the
ability to use any dhcp option either through the web interface or hidden
config.xml options.

JC