[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:00:56 -0600
> Seems like we have at least 2 types of failures being discussed, Lee's -
> where he can still get information with status.php, and the others, where
> nothing works -- the console is dead, no http services at all.  Are there
> any new reports from anyone with the 'completely dead' type problem, not
> that we can help - just curious :)

Well, no new reports really.  I had a lockup on Tuesday morning (after 7
days uptime) and then again on Wednesday around noon.  :-(   I haven't had
time to set up my capturing gear this week.  And now I will be out of town
for the weekend - gotta play sometime.  :-)  For the time being, I have
setup my IP controlled power bar to reboot the m0n0wall every night at 2
am - temporary cure for the possible symptom.

Next week I have booked myself some time to set up the capturing gear and
watch it for a bit to make sure it's doing what I want - capturing data for
and creating a new file after 1 hour, on both inside and outside interfaces
(Chris Buechler's idea).

Aaron