[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at fudnet dot info>
 To:  Aaron Cherman <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VLAN's, QoS, bandwidth hogs
 Date:  Sun, 23 Jul 2006 22:33:28 -0500
I recently setup a similar network for an apartment complex. We had a 48
port switch with each port tagged as a separate VLAN. We set one port as
the trunk port and ran it into the monowall's LAN side. The DSL modem
was setup in bridged mode and went into the WAN side. We also enabled an
OPT port and used it for wireless access via another switch. Firewall
rules were added so wireless clients could not access the resident
network and QoS was put into place using the wizard to throttle users on
both networks.

--Tim