[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] firewire
 Date:  Mon, 24 Jul 2006 11:49:39 -0500
From: "Kyle Steinkamp" <kyle8706 at gmail dot com>

> hey i use m0n0wall but i think it wood b cool if u can use 1394 pci cars
> as
> a nic because i use firewire800 on my servers and desktops and i use a
> windows box to bridge a lan and 1394 card to use it for a network
> connection
> for all of my computers so i think it wood b cool to add it in to m0n0wall

A few pointers...  First, this is an international list, and many of the top
developers do not speak English as a first language.  Hackor speak is right
out.  Actually taking the time to clearly write a message helps.  Second,
this is based on FreeBSD 4.11.  If FreeBSD 4.11 does not support it, it is
not likely to be added.  Now we are transitioning to FreeBSD 6.0, so if it
is supported in 6.0 it will be in the new version.  If it is not, it may be
a while before someone would add it.  And there has to be a real perceived
need, not just someone who thinks it would "be cool."

                            Lee