[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jai Ketteridge" <jai at innaloo dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  CF Card Booting Woes - can't load 'kernel'
 Date:  Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:37:29 +0800
Hi Guys,

Ive been successfully using m0n0 with the CDrom and FDD method for sometime
but I am now venturing into running it off a CF card. I have purchased 2
Sandisk 256MB Cards and Im running these CF to IDE adaptors - as seen here
(http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&item=270004717963&r
d=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1)

I have tried the adaptors in 4 different PCs but to no avail!

I am experiencing a weird boot error - the same as the bottom of this post -
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=3/79

I get "can't load 'kernel'" errors consistantly - with both cards and using
different CF/IDE images including the latest beta. Any ideas? I have had the
1.22 boot successfully on the same card via a USB Card reader however.

Confused!

Thanks!
Jai