[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dr Who" <brokenby2703 at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] CCTV WEB access & M0n0 - QUESTION ABOUT WAN/OPT
 Date:  Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:22:00 +0800
Problem has been solved! (see my other reply same thread).

I'm a newbie (or more than that) about Firewall.
I read documentation but I still have stupid doubt about m0n0.

My LAN @ home is made of 2 PC (Windows XP)
PC1 is dedicated CCTV server running Apache to allow a remote access
(webserver) also
PC2 is a normal workstation windows for internet,email,chatting,etc..
PC2 is most of the time OFF as I use only few hours per day in weekend.
PC1 is ON 24/7/365
WAN is ADSL dynamic IP with dyndns.org

Question (stupid):
Is there any difference (for security reason) between connecting PC1
(CCTV) in the LAN (through a switch together PC2) instead to
connecting separately on OPT1 (DMZ) ?

Question 2:
If the PC1 (CCTV) eventually is running AZUREUS BITTORRENT in
background, it cannot be accessed (neither folders with its files)
from LAN if the PC1 is connected to OPT1.
Is there a way for a PC in the LAN to access a PC in DMZ ?

Thanks
Dr