[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 6.1 Port
 Date:  Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:49:48 +0800
On 07/26/06 09:44 Chris Buechler said the following:
> the kernel patches that are still required, reworking various
> components for the differences between FreeBSD 4.x and 6.x, any
> changes between ipf 3.x and 4.x, etc.  It's probably 3-4 times as much
> effort as you're estimating, at a minimum.

i've already done a lot of the effort, including porting over the patches
and rudimentary functionality testing of the VPN, dummynet and ipf 4.1.8
(as part of freebsd 6.1). it'd be the subtle difference which we need to
catch, and this can only come through more extensive testing in real world
situations.

dinesh at alphaque dot com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/