[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mark Jawdoszak" <MarkJ at logsysgroup dot com>
 To:  <jai at innaloo dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: CF Card Booting Woes - can't load 'kernel'
 Date:  Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:00:37 +0100
This is only slightly related... But I had some issues with older hard
disks and m0n0wall.  I was installing the image using the windows method
(plugging the drive into my windows machine, then running the program
etc).  The drives just wouldn't work - no good/viable reason!

I used the DSL (Damn Small Linux) option.  Only to save time, I edited
the DSL ISO and included the m0n0wall HD/CF image in a separate folder.
Then I burned the CD, booted off it, and wrote the image to the HD using
the instructions.
After removing the CD and booting from the HD, the worked fine!

Like I said, only slightly related, but may help/work for you.

Mark Jawdoszak
Logsys Support, Leeds
+44 (0)113 384 0400 - ext 411
markj at logsysgroup dot com