[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Taylor <chris at x dash bb dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 6.1 Port
 Date:  Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:20:02 +0100
Quoting Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>:

> the 1.3 ALPHA images of m0n0wall are based on freebsd 6.1 and yes,
> they're still in alpha stage so they do have bugs. this can be
> downloaded from the m0n0wall downloads page.
>
> in addition, the sources and kernel patches for the 6.1 version have
> been available from m0n0's subversion repository under
> branches/freebsd6.
>
> as i'm (seemingly) the only one using and testing 1.3 at the moment,
> development is admittedly a little slow. i'd welcome more to the
> effort, especially on platforms i dont have inhouse (WRAP, net48xx) to
> test on.

Dinesh,

I have a spare WRAP here that I'd happily use for testing of the 6.1
version. Just tell me what needs testing and I'll get on it. I've got
Linux and Windows clients here. Feel free to email me directly or
start a new thread on the list.

Personally, I'd really like to see m0n0 move forward with better
hardware compatibility, improved wireless support etc. pfSense is
great but I still think there's a place for m0n0wall :)

Cheers,
Chris Taylor