[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Carsten Holbach <Carsten dot Holbach at gmx dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 6.1 Port
 Date:  Thu, 27 Jul 2006 01:30:51 +0200
Hello

My understanding of the whole thing is, that a) m0n0wall is a completely
different approach to the whole firewall thing than pfSense: m0n0wall is
meant for lean&mean systems, where pfSense wants to be a full featured
product. So, each of both has it's right to exist.
b) is, that having m0n0wall running with FreeBSD 6.1 brings the
advantage of much more hardware support, which alone is worth the work
in my eyes.

Just my two cents
Carsten Holbach

Philippe Lang schrieb:
> Since the pfSense team has just released its candidate 1, which is based on FreeBSD 6.1, what is
the real advantage of having Monowall 1.22 ported on FreeBSD 6.1? Isn't that doing things twice?
Shouldn't there be some sort of migration solution for Monowall users instead?