[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] netgear firewall
 Date:  Thu, 27 Jul 2006 00:21:00 -0400
On 7/26/06, krt <kkrrtt at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I don't see, technically, why would couldn't put them in line.

Yeah, you can.  Either double NAT'ing (ugly), routing another private
subnet (overly complex), or using one in bridge mode (which Netgear
isn't capable of, and sounds like that's not an option for m0n0wall in
this situation).

Personally, I wouldn't bother.  It really doesn't buy you anything, it
adds another point of failure and adds complexity to the network
without a solid reason for doing so.

-Chris