[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ervin Malicdem" <schadow1 at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Microsoft IAS and per-user bandwidth control and logout user after specified time
 Date:  Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:47:13 +0800
Hello,

I dont know much about networking but would like to learn bit by bit
depending on what i need for my small hotspot.

I was able to learn to use IAS in Windows 2003  for user authentication with
captive portal.

The next things I would like to learn are how to control per-user
bandwidthand specifying
the time a user will be logged out and cannot log-in again (lets say 30
minutes).

I am currently using m0n0wall 1.23b1.
I have set up the desired default bandwidth, enabled reauthentication per
minute, use RADIUS session-timeout to default type and IETF MAC format.
(Let me know if I set up m0n0wall correctly for my needs.)

Next step is to know how to set up IAS to work with the above settings
(which i dont have any idea).

Thank you very much for any help you can extend :)