[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ryan L. Rodrigue" <Ebay at aarelectronics dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] CCTV WEB access & M0n0
 Date:  Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:47:46 -0500
Paolo, i would personally put it on the OPT interface.  You will need to do some more configurations
in Mono, but it puts your DVR on a seperate broadcast domain and helps keep "accidential" viruses
and junkware from it.  I like this better than the software firewall 'cause we found these DVR's
work there best with the minimal things running on windows.  If you can't get the configuration
down, you can always revert to putting it back on the lan interface.  It really depends on how much
you trust yourself to keep junk off of your other computer.