[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Microsoft IAS and per-user bandwidth control and logout user after specified time
 Date:  Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:21:33 -0500
Ervin Malicdem wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I dont know much about networking but would like to learn bit by bit
> depending on what i need for my small hotspot.
>
> I was able to learn to use IAS in Windows 2003  for user
> authentication with captive portal.
>
> The next things I would like to learn are how to control per-user
> bandwidthand specifying
> the time a user will be logged out and cannot log-in again (lets say
> 30 minutes).
>
> I am currently using m0n0wall 1.23b1.
> I have set up the desired default bandwidth, enabled reauthentication
> per minute, use RADIUS session-timeout to default type and IETF MAC
> format. (Let me know if I set up m0n0wall correctly for my needs.)
>
> Next step is to know how to set up IAS to work with the above settings
> (which i dont have any idea).

First of all, don't bump messages...

Second, IAS is a very light weight RADIUS, basically it allows RADIUS
Client to Active Directory (or Local user account) connection. I.e. it
allows a Windows box to respond to RADIUS authentication requests. I do
not believe it has the desired capability to send additional user
parameters. I could be wrong, but I don't think it is there.

James W. McKeand