[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 6.1 Port
 Date:  Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:44:54 +0800
On 07/28/06 01:05 Lee Sharp said the following:
> It would be a good place to backport a lot of changes from.  However, if
> it was the solution you are claiming it is, we would all be over there.

chaps,

this is turning into a pfsense vs m0n0 thread, and while i'm still
committed to making m0n0 work on freebsd 6.1, there are some things which
we can take from pfsense. that's the beauty of open source projects and
cross-pollination of code and features.

m0n0 is still targetted at the embedded space with a smaller memory and
disk/cf footprint and i think it excels in this role. other projects like
freenas and pfsense have taken this theme and extended it to do other
stuff, which isn't a bad thing either.

so, as a plea to all, could we test the freebsd 6 branch of m0n0 and report
back on bugs so we can expedite the transition ?

dinesh at alphaque dot com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/