[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Denis Witt <witt at concepts dash and dash training dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Speed problems
 Date:  Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:07:57 +0200
Hi,

i'm really new to monowall and the whole firewall thing.

I've set up an old AMD K6-2 400 with 64 MB RAM and m0n0wall. Everything
works fine except the upstream. We've got an 6mbit/768kbit DSL-Stream
but our server isn't able to deliver a website with more that
100kbit/sec. if he is behind the monowall.

The server and the monowall-pc aren't heavy loaded, so i don't think
that this is an cpu/ram performance problem.

Also some websites aren't loading at all (like sport1.de). DNS works
fine, but only the header (html, title, etc.) of the page will come
through. Using a proxy helps (of course).

Any ideas how to improve the upstream and the download of some sites?

Traffic shaper is disabled. I don't know which other informations are
usefull, just ask.

Thanks and bye for now!