[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] port forward across IPSEC
 Date:  Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:27:55 -0400
On 7/28/06, Brandon Hamilton <bhamilton at snowcomputer dot com> wrote:
> Thanks, i think that helped, i'm now getting data to pass further than
> before, but this is what my firewall log shows.

Now that I think about this again, this can't work.  It may be able to
get over to the other side, but the return traffic won't go across the
VPN, it'll go directly out to the Internet where ever that server is
now located.  So if it got across the VPN, every client machine would
be getting replies from a different IP address than it sent the
traffic to, hence won't work.  So this isn't possible.  You'll have to
use the port forward on the site where the server is now located (plus
that's a lot cleaner).

-Chris