[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Michael Pope" <spotnruby at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Windows Clients Going Offline Often
 Date:  Sun, 30 Jul 2006 18:05:15 -0400
On 7/30/06, Michael Pope <spotnruby at gmail dot com> wrote:
> We are having some weird issues on a brand new Windows SBS network and I'd
> appreciate any ideas of where to look. The physical subnets have been
> separated with an internal m0n0wall.

Are you using NAT on that internal m0n0wall?  What you're describing
sounds like what happens when you NAT between Windows clients and a
Windows server, which you never want to do.  You should disable NAT
(see FAQ), and make sure you have appropriate static routes on the
server so it knows how to access those other internal subnets.

-Chris