[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bob Young" <bob at lavamail dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  LAN/WISP block or WAN block ?
 Date:  Mon, 31 Jul 2006 01:00:21 -0400
I have a LAN port, a WISP port, and a WAN port on my WRAP 1E-2 board.

For the firewall, on each of my LAN and WISP Interfaces I have the following
rule (except for the LAN, I have "LAN net", in place of "WISP net"):

UDP | WISP net | * | * | 1900 | Block UPnP

Can this rule be put on the WAN interface to stop outgoing UPnP data on port
1900 from the LAN and WISP interfaces, with just one rule?

If so, would the following rule be correct for a WAN rule ?

UDP | * | * | * | 1900 | Block UPnP

Maybe since I'm using "*" for both source and destination, maybe it will
work for both incoming and outgoing on both the LAN and WISP interfaces?

Thanks much,