[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.22 freeze
 Date:  Sat, 29 Jul 2006 17:41:19 -0600
Okay, since capturing packet data on each side of my problem m0n0wall I am
back to having the unit reboot every night at 2 am.  Which is fine with me -
1 minute of downtime at 2 am is better than 10+ when I'm not expecting it.

But today my m0n0 froze just before 5 pm - less than 15 hours uptime.
Sooooo... someone suggested a while ago putting another m0n0wall in front of
this one to filter all the crap from the Internet (for testing).  How would
I do this?  I have a /29 from my provider for my WAN, a /27 and a /28 routed
to me.  Should I just put one of the /27's on the new WAN, bridge the WAN
with the OPT, turn bridge filtering on and connect the trouble WAN to the
new OPT?  I assume I will have to create all of my WAN rules on the new
m0n0?

Thanks everyone.

Aaron