[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bryan K. Brayton" <bryan at sonicburst dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Speed problems
 Date:  Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:22:18 -0400
Did you ever verify that your network cards in the m0n0wall machine were actually
linking/negotiating properly with both your LAN-side switch and your dsl modem?

You're getting enough download performance that it seems to be unlikely, but I'd just verify that
the m0n0wall network interfaces are matched with whatever your equipment is.  IE, the m0n0wall wan
port is 100 mbit full duplex and your modem is as well (if that's what your modem / switch equipment
is capable of).

Also, I've seen some cable ISPs here in the states that will restrict your bandwidth if it appears
that your MAC address has changed from what they expect to see.  I don't know if your ISP does that,
but it may be worth a try to clone the MAC address of the PC you used to originally set up and
verify the dsl service.

-Bryan