[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Anson Ringenoldus <ansonr at spruitje dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Speed problems
 Date:  Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:11:03 +0200
>Denis Witt schrieb:
>
>>  I've replaced the 0,5m Cable with a 10m one.
>
>>  Download: 6.096 kbit/s (762 kByte/s)
>>  Upload  : 303 kbit/s   (38 kByte/s)
>
>>  Thus this is better it's still not the expected speed and maybe just
>>  luck. I will check again later.
>
>Doesn't helped, the speed is bad as it was.
>
>Any other ideas?
>
>Bye for now!

Well, at least replacing the cable helped a little bit.
50 cm is too short.
It seems more like an ethernet speed mismatch or a duplex/half duplex problem.
With some ethernetcards you can force the speed
to 10 or 100 mbit/sec without auto negotiation.
I've seen some problems with for instance 3com
cards and 3com switches which didn't do auto
negotiation correctly.
9 out of 10 times it there are problems with
ethernet and speed it's due to autonegotiation
not working correctly.
Mvgr,
Anson

Toasty the toaster (Red dwarf)