[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Denis Witt <witt at concepts dash and dash training dot de>
 To:  "Bryan K. Brayton" <bryan at sonicburst dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Speed problems
 Date:  Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:33:35 +0200
Bryan K. Brayton schrieb:

> Did you ever verify that your network cards in the m0n0wall machine
> were actually linking/negotiating properly with both your LAN-side
> switch and your dsl modem?

Yes, someone else mentoined that before and i'd put a switch between the
card an the modem (i don't know about another way to check, the modem
doesn't show the speed/duplex state), both were shown as 100mbit/fullduplex.

> Also, I've seen some cable ISPs here in the states that will restrict
> your bandwidth if it appears that your MAC address has changed from
> what they expect to see.  I don't know if your ISP does that, but it
> may be worth a try to clone the MAC address of the PC you used to
> originally set up and verify the dsl service.

Using m0n0wall is the original set up. ;) Anyway, our ISP doesn't check
the MAC address.

I will replace the WAN-side-card tomorrow, maybe this would help. But
i'm glad that it doesn't look like a m0n0wall error.

--

Denis Witt
Technischer Leiter

CaT Concepts and Training GmbH