[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.22 client connection error
 Date:  Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:52:00 -0400
On 7/31/06, westdam <m0n0 at westdam dot com> wrote:
> Hi
> i've got a trouble with a 1.22 cdrom version of m0n0wall.: after some
> times mono is up, the clients are unable to connect to some remote
> address ( outside lan and wan ). For example, the clients are unable to
> connect anymore to his webmail via browser.If I ping the ip address of
> the webmail it does the ping , but if I try to connect to any ports (
> 25, 110, 80 for webmail for example ) they're unable to connect..

Sounds like you're exhausting the state table.  Which, unless you have
a very large network, means you probably have something "bad" going on
- infected computers spewing spam, or worms replicating, or something
of that nature generally.  Check out the state table page, you should
be able to find out what's going on there.

-Chris