[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  blueneptune at gmail dot com
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem Resolving host names while in the VPN interface.
 Date:  Mon, 31 Jul 2006 20:05:38 -0400
It depends on your network setup.  If you are connecting to an active
directory, then all you need is the domain controller.  If you are just
simply on a workgroup, then the WINS server applies.  You can not
resolve names on a workgroup across different subnets without a WINS
server.  How do you have your network setup?  A workgroup, a domain, or
active directory (or something else altogether like a Linux domain
controller, or Novell)?

Chris