[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] LAN/WISP block or WAN block ?
 Date:  Mon, 31 Jul 2006 23:02:30 -0500
From: "Bob Young" <bob at lavamail dot net>

> I'm going to use my Monowall in a WISP operation, whereby I won't know
> what
> types of data and applications my WISP customers will be using.

As a WISP provider, I will tell you that most of my pipe is filled with
porn.  High bandwidth, streaming porn.  You may want to move http further
down the list. :-)  And you can use built in m0n0wall functions to see who
the high bandwidth users are.  Both the state table, and the CP status page
will tell you who is the pipe hog.

                                Lee