[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  OT Strange Virus?
 Date:  Tue, 1 Aug 2006 23:12:55 -0500
Sorry to go way off topic again, but if there is a better group of computer
people around, I don't know it.  I have an odd problem that I am truly stuck
on.  A Windows XP Pro system that slowly looses jpegs.  Seriously.  A
directory full of mixed files, and over time the jpegs, and only the jpegs,
will go missing.  Only html, giffs, and movies remain...  Spybot, AVG, Ad
Aware, and Rootkit Revealer all show nothing.  Scanning under safe mode
still shows nothing.  In desperation I scanned (With an older virus list)
with UBCD 4 Win, and still nothing.  I have already lost money on this job,
but I want to KNOW what is doing this...  Any thoughts?

                                       Lee